Installation - How to install WingTite Shower Drain
Before you start follow the Check List below
1. See how it works.
Click here to Watch the Video before you begin. ✔
(Instrucciones en español en YouTube: tinyurl.com/wingtite-spanish)
Before you install prepare your drain pipe, also measure the drain pipe & shower pan.
2. Sand outer top edge of pipe to remove all burrs and sharp edges. This protects the O-ring, allowing it to easily slip over the pipe. Clean outside of pipe for a good O-ring seal. Inspect pipe for any irregularities. Pipe must be smooth! ✔
3. Top of the pipe must be approximately 1/2” from the shower floor ✔
4. Drain pipe outside diameter must be 2 3/8” ✔
5. The minimum shower pan hole diameter must be 3 1/4” ✔
6. If your drain appears different, we can help. Call our Tech Support 805-927-1753.
Download Instructions Sheets PDF - Click here
After the Check List is OK ✔ lets start installing WingTite
Recommended Tools and Material
Step-by-Step Installation Instructions
1. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! BEFORE YOU INSTALL READ STEPS 2-8 THROUGHLY. How well you follow these instructions determines the success of your installation.
2. To ensure your shower drain cover is straight and attractive when installed, square up your drain first by using the drain body notches as guides. Visually align drain body with front and back of shower pan.
3. The four fastening wings must be against drain body at time of insertion into shower pan. Push wings against the drain body.
4. Apply liquid dish soap to O-ring as lubricant. Coat entire O-ring.
5. Apply a generous amount of 100% silicone sealant to underside of drain flange. Coat underside completely.
6. See drawings below. Insert drain into shower pan pressing evenly over drain pipe. Once drain makes contact with shower pan, check the distance between the top of the drain and the drain pipe, it should be approx. 1/2”. Hold drain firmly in place.
7. Tighten all four Phillips head screws evenly until drain is secure in pan. Be patient, may take up to 20 turns to securely tighten “wings” under shower pan.
8. Clean excess silicone from drain and pan with rag. Install shower drain cover.
Questions??? Call us, we are here to help. WingTite Tech Support: 805-927-1753 | Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (PST)