Drain Removal - How to remove your existing drain
PLASTIC SHOWER DRAIN REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
START HERE WITH THE CHECK LIST ✔
1. See how it works. Watch the short video before you begin. ✔
2. ATTENTION WARNING: Not for tile shower floors.
WingTite is for fiberglass & plastic showers including: acrylic, cultured marble and composites. ✔
3. Your existing shower drain assembly.
4. Check your measurements
Drain pipe inside diameter must be 2” (white PVC or black ABS) ✔
Drain flange diameter must be 4” - 4 1/2” ✔
If your drain appears different we can help. Call our Tech Support 805-927-1753 | Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (PST).
To download these instructions click here
5. Recommended Tools ✔
REMOVAL OF EXISTING SHOWER DRAIN BODY
6. Remove drain cover with flat blade screwdriver.
7. Remove the crown nut by unthreading it using needle nose pliers.
8. Extract the compression seal exposing drain pipe and shower drain body.
9. With mini hacksaw, make two vertical cuts approximately 1” apart through drain body. Cut completely through drain body without cutting into shower pan or damaging drain pipe.
10. Continue cutting horizontally through drain flange to weaken it, but not deep enough to damage the shower pan.
11. Once horizontal drain flange is cut, use flat blade screwdriver to pry up 1” flange to break it free from the shower pan.
12. Remove the 1” width of drain body from shower pan.
13. Squeeze the remaining shower drain to collapse it. The retaining nut and washer drop down, staying below the shower pan.
14. Remove shower drain from pan. Clean shower floor around the drain hole to ensure new drain adhesion, and clean below to allow unrestricted wing movement.