Drain Removal - How to remove your existing drain
Before you start follow the Check List below
1. See how it works.
Click here to Watch the Video before you begin. ✔
(Instrucciones en español en YouTube: tinyurl.com/wingtite-spanish)
2. WingTite is for fiberglass & plastic showers including: acrylic, cultured marble and composites. ✔
WARNING: Not for tile shower floors. ✔
3. Drain pipe inside diameter must be 2” (white PVC or black ABS) ✔
4. Drain flange diameter must be 4” - 4 1/2” ✔
5. If your drain appears different, we can help. Call our Tech Support 805-927-1753. ✔
Download these instructions as a PDF - Click here
After the Check List is OK ✔ let's begin drain removal
Recommended Tools and Material
Step-by-step removing the shower drain body
1. Remove drain cover with flat blade screwdriver.
2. Remove the crown nut by unthreading it using needle nose pliers.
3. Extract the compression seal exposing drain pipe and shower drain body.
4. With mini hacksaw, make two vertical cuts approximately 1” apart through drain body. Cut completely through drain body without cutting into shower pan or damaging drain pipe.
5. Continue cutting horizontally through drain flange to weaken it, but not deep enough to damage the shower pan.
6. Once horizontal drain flange is cut, use flat blade screwdriver to pry up 1” flange to break it free from the shower pan.
7. Remove the 1” width of drain body from shower pan.
8. Squeeze the remaining shower drain to collapse it. The retaining nut and washer drop down, staying below the shower pan.
9. Remove shower drain from pan. Clean shower floor around the drain hole to ensure new drain adhesion, and clean below to allow unrestricted wing movement.
Questions??? Call us, we are here to help. WingTite Tech Support: 805-927-1753 | Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (PST)